Saturday, October 8, 2016

A birthday makeover!

Our hair will always be our crowning glory. Curly, straight, thin, thick, blonde, brunette, natural, treated, short, long, healthy or damaged, we all have our own distinction and personality because of our locks.


Since I got my black, straight hair permed and colored, I have always been known as the 'Goldilocks' girl. Literally because of my long, golden and curly locks. I have always felt very satisfied with it and I always get compliments on how it suits me very well. For 4 years, I kept my long locks and never thought of having to change it any sooner. And for those who know me real well, I have always invested on my hair. I have always believed that having a hair that you love is a big factor on how you can be more confident with yourself. 


Last photo taken with my long hair
                                       
One morning, while staring at the mirror, I realized that my hair was not that healthy and lively anymore. And my curls were getting curly-straight, you know what I mean. So I have thought of retouching my curls since I am not yet done with me being a curly lass.

Resulta ng larawan para sa jing monis salon greenbelt
*Photo not mine*
For a change, and as highly recommended by my friend, I went to Jing Monis Salon (located at Bellevue Hotel, Alabang, Makati, Greenbelt 1 and QC) at their Greenbelt 1 branch and searched for Rigel (the stylist of my friend). I asked for treatment that would make my dry and dull hair come to life again. Instead, he suggested a medium bob with soft layers for according to him, I look so old with my long, lifeless hair on. Uggh. It took me a while before I answered back. Because what? Seriously? You are going to cut my hair? The hair that made people turn their heads for that second or even third look! Hahaha. Kidding! Well, I felt so depressed that time and I even called my mom to ask for her opinion but the call was of no help because she loves my hair and she was so opposed on the idea of getting it cut! But then, okay, since Duterte is our President (connection please?), I have traveled this far and it was my birth month and cutting your hair was legit for that reason (I know I have a lot of justification), I might give it a shot. So I said yes. 😑

And so it begins..


Rigel even recommended toning down the color of my hair for a darker hair color will suit my skin tone well. You see, I have the skin tone of an Asian, yellowish, above morena color. I have already put my trust on this stylist's hands and prayed real hard that I won't regret this major decision of my life. Anyway, if things might not go the way I want it to be, I just have to be patient in growing my hair long again. So while on the process, I get to look around their salon. It has crisp, white walls with very minimal decor. Their staff were very friendly and they kept on encouraging me that this will turn out good. I am wishing that, too. They also offer different services, of course, same with the other high-end salons out there. While on the chair, Tim Yap (famous fashion icon and host) entered the salon. Seemed like he was a regular customer. They told me that celebrities visit their salon every now and then for makeovers.


                                 
Hello, new Jane!
                                                             

Tadaaa! The finished product! Not bad, right? Well I really liked how it made me look so much younger and my locks a lot healthier! Love the hair color too! I'm glad I've been brave enough to take the risk! Though it doesn't look that way now for I am having a love-hate relationship with the blow dryer. 😅 For those who are interested, prices vary depending on your hairstylist. As for Rigel, the haircut costed 750 pesos. I forgot to take a photo with him. Maybe next time. 😁 Hair color for the length of my hair now was 2500 pesos and an additional hair manicure for shine costed 1500 pesos. A bit expensive, yes, but definitely worth it! Jing Monis Salon will surely be a part of my special list of most trusted salons for my hair. I am planning to live with this hairstyle a little bit longer, but who knows? For now, thank you, Jing Monis Salon! Thank you, Rigel! 😊


Love, Jane Vashner :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment